Fabulous Friday Challenge - Embossing!

Friday, September 28, 2012

Welcome back to Frosted Designs! We are back with another challenge that is sure to help you use up the supplies you already own! This week we would like to see you use Embossing on your cards, layouts and off the page projects! The possibilities are endless with this one, as you will see with our Design Team examples! You can use dry embossing, heat embossing, create your own embossing, use pre embossed products... you get the idea! Take a peek....


The word background stamp is embossed.  The other 2 white designs are modeling paste which gives a raised texture similiar to embossing.



And a close up of the embossing:



Lydia is demonstrating that you can participate in this challenge without having a machine (or access to one) that embosses.  She used purchased embossed chipboard shapes.




On Lori's project, you will find dry embossing (with an embossing folder), heat embossing and creating an "embossed" effect with corregated cardboard.  For details on each of these techniques and more, you can visit her blog here.


Sarah G.
Sarah used ready-embossed cardstock for this layout and sanded over parts of it.


Channa used dry embossing, on the white background behind the picture and on 
all the letter of the name Natalia. 



Anita used letterpress plates to emboss the ink into watercolor papers.


This weeks sponsor is  My little shoebox
Design Team member Carol Theng is also on the My Little Shoebox Design Team! Here is how she used their products for our embossing challenge this week....

Carol embossed the doily background using My Little Shoebox doily stamp and white embossing powder. She then inked the background with distress inks.


Scrapbooking has always been part of my life. Back then I just didn't know the term "scrapbooking", I called it "beautifying" my photo albums.

I grew up in my parent's garment factory, and was surrounded by beautiful fabrics, laces, ribbons, and buttons. My mommy used to make tiny dresses for my dolls out of leftover fabrics, and I would dress them with ribbons, and buttons.

My daddy loved to take pictures of my brothers, sister, and me, so my mommy was dedicated to keeping family photo albums. We would put the albums together with whatever material we could find in the factory.

Fast forward to 2001. When my loving husband, Cesar and I got married, I had designed our wedding invitations. Then I went to work designing our wedding albums. I arranged the cards, papers and embellishments to go with our photographs and wedding theme, and ended up incorporating a lot of fabric patterns and accessories in my design.

My wedding album was a big hit! When everybody started asking me who my designer was, I knew I had done something right. With encouragement from Cesar and my family I started "My Little Shoebox" in the spring of 2005.

My goal is to encourage people to take their precious photographs out of their "little shoeboxes" and turn their personal memories into creations that will endure for generations. The idea behind "My Little Shoebox" is to make scrapbooking simple, quick, uniquely personalized, and most importantly, beautiful.

Thank you for letting me share my vision with you. I sincerely hope you like it.


 This weeks prize is this very cute kit, that one winner is going to do some amazing things with. We look forward to seeing all the projects that you do this week.


*We love to see all the projects each of you submit each week and our Design Team tries very hard to leave comments on each and every one. However, please keep in mind we may not be able to leave comments on the blogs who require code verifications.*





9 Comments »

9 Responses to “Fabulous Friday Challenge - Embossing!”

Paper Profusion said...

Hi there, Your Design Team's work is absolutely beautiful. Nicola x

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great DT! Thanks for the fun challenge!

Karen said...

A stunning variety of DT creations, as always! :o) Thank you for the inspiration and the wonderful challenge. :o)

Hugs and blessings!

Karon said...

DT creations are fabulous - WOW! TFS for a great challenge.

http://karonskraftykorner.blogspot.ca/

tiffany said...

great inspiration from the DT! love the look of embossing but always forget to do it! =)Tiffany
Breakfast at Tiffany's

Sherrie K. said...

Beautiful job by the design team! Glad to be joining in on a fun challenge!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Mommy's Crafty Creations said...

Beautiful DT projects!

Veronica
mommyscraftycreations.blogspot.com

Shelly said...

What a gorgeous set of projects from the DT! Just wonderful inspiration!
Shelly

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Such a great challenge and amazing inspiration by the talented DT!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/